WHY NOT HERE?
For many years Northern Ireland was the only part of the UK and Ireland that did not have a specific festival devoted to mental health and medicine.
To remedy this, in 2013, a steering group with a wide range of individuals and organisations from the arts sector, the mental health sector, faith and church groups set up the very first medical festival!
The group is diverse, cross-community, cross sectoral and provides a really exciting opportunity for people from very different backgrounds and opinions to work together in creating something nationwide from scratch.
WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT?
WE AIM TO:
- Celebrate mental health
- Challenge stigma and mental health inequalities
- Make connections between public, arts, and community organisations
- Reach those often missed by both the arts & health education models
- Support recovery and wellbeing and reduce self-stigma through participation in the creative process
- Create enduring partnerships and projects